Thursday, January 3, 2013

When I come home, I'm gonna eat: broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, carrots with their greens, collard greens, mustard greens, Asian greens, rainbow chards, kale, red kale, curly kale, lacinato kale, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, beets, rutabega, celery root, celery, mushrooms...basmati rice, arborio rice, short grain brown rice and long grain brown rice, wild rice, risotto, quinoa quinoa quinoa, and all the beans. Kiwis pears bananas oranges apples grapes, apple sauce. And I am not gonna eat: cabbage, buckwheat, and bread. I don't want to see any bread, not even whole grain bread, for at least two months! Tea I will drink, tea is universal and always tastes good, especially this little thyme tea they have over here.

This is what I am mainly thinking about right now :)

And this is something that doesn't make sense at all: a Starbucks on the Old Arbat. At least, I don't think it should make sense. But maybe it does. All the stores in Moscow are Italian.

2 comments:

  1. No cabbage? :(
    Also, I have some very pretty rainbow chard in the fridge, but I doubt it'll survive your return. And what's this thyme tea you speak of? Bring it! In large quantities! For the masses! Or the massive tea-consumers!
    Oh, and there is one important thing missing on your list: broccolette!
    The Pitman mansion anxiously awaits your return, AA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like food wasn't so good in Russia...

    ReplyDelete