Thursday, December 27, 2012

Strolling in the City

I confess: today I didn't go to the library. I stayed home all morning and read this:

 
So if my dissertation sucks because of this one day I missed at the library, I'll blame it on Dovlatov. Then I was incredibly happy and dancing in my room, so I decided to go for a walk. I went to my favorite church (voilà in the light)




which has now a little guardian


said hello to Rimsky Korsakov who was interpreting the snow



and walked downtown hoping that these things wouldn't fall on my head



(it's a lot warmer now. today it must have been around 0-1 C).

After four hours of walking up and now (well, and doing some shopping, too...) I started to feel dizzy, and I realized it was mostly because of the cars (noise, smog). I don't think I was made to live in a big city, although this morning for some reason I felt a profound need for NYC.

Three more days in SPB - library, friends and museums.

2 comments:

  1. Did you make the snowman? Keep enjoying SPB and remember that the snow is not whiter in NYC ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not :( Matteo, you are such a wise man...!

    ReplyDelete