Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ermitage - Part One

I had to split my visit to the museum, because it's just too much. I tried really hard to focus on the art, but I was mainly captured by the architecture and the decoration. I don't think I've ever seen so much splendor. Versailles? You're kidding me, looks like a hut in comparison. And the ceilings, the ceilings! I have always loved painted ceilings, but these are just beyond imagination. 

Oh and by the way it's free if you're a student, so Russia is a civilized country after all!

Ceilings:




Canova always moves me:





Some interiors:





Thinking of this: http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/behold/2012/12/18/andy_freeberg_russia_s_lady_museum_guards_photos.html


Views from the first floor:



And if you also want to take a tour, you should watch this movie:




Goodbye! ~ Anna


5 comments:

  1. wonderful. wow. you have done very very beatiful pictures. when i look at your tour i forget that i live in Treviglio...goodbye, Stefi.
    (...com'era il mio inglese?)
    come diceva la nonna bis: "putost che nigot mei putost"(traducetemi queto!eh eh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'inglese va bene, il dialetto ancora meglio!

      Delete
  2. Ah, you found your Russian art ladies! More later; I'm in the midst of making the famed white cabbage for my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Don't forget the white pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annaaa! These places look awesome! Get the most out of this amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete